About the fund
A fund to support UFCW members who become New American Citizens
The New American Citizenship Fund is made possible by UFCW local union support to the United Latinos of the UFCW. The Award is for UFCW members who have recently become U.S. citizens and who have demonstrated a strong commitment to building a stronger voice for workers in their Union and in their community through active engagement in advancing social and economic justice.
The United Latinos of the UFCW has created a special fund that will distribute awards in the amount of $600.00 per member. The New American Citizenship Fund is open to all UFCW members and will renew every year pending a vote from the United Latinos Board.
- Applicants must be UFCW members in good standing at the time of the application and commit to becoming active participants in their Union and in their communities.
- Applicants must agree to provide a minimum of ten (10) volunteer hours to a project, program, or campaign as designated by the sponsoring UFCW Local Union.
- UFCW members applying for the New American Citizenship Fund must provide a copy of their naturalization certificate and proof of payment to USCIS dated on or after December 1, 2019.
- Applicants must provide a sponsor letter from their UFCW Local Union President along with all supporting documents and forms and submit to: UnitedLatinos@ufcw2.org
How to apply
To apply, you will need to complete our application form. The application is available either via online form OR printable form (the latter may be submitted via email to UnitedLatinos@ufcw2.org or sent via mail).
Here's a checklist of the documents you will need to have ready to submit as part of your application:
- Sponsor letter from Local Union President (you can use this template)
- Copy of Naturalization Certificate
- Proof of payment to USCIS
- A photo of yourself